While we try to teach our children about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
.
I'M BAAAACK!!! Please stick with me as I try to get caught up on some overwhelmingly behind blogging!







Friday, June 6, 2008

The Bee Boy...






We have been having lots of fun, the kids have been busy with just being kids.
I wanted to share a few short stories that have made Jeremy and I laugh.

*The Other day Braiden was sitting up at the bar telling us all about his day and what he did (mostly telling Jer, obviously I was with him all day so I already knew) and right in the middle of the story Trevor gets in between Jeremy and Braiden and Yells in true Trevor Fashion "I YUB POP" which means "I LOVE POP". It came out of nowhere, but that is how Trevor rolls. He definitely marches to his own drum!


*The second story is from Today. The kids were playing outside and Braiden found a Honey Bee. For those who are not around Braiden all the time, he is a vary sympathetic, caring little boy (don't let this confuse you, because he is also all boy, but if somebody is injured or sad he is quick to try to make them feel better). Well anyways, he found a bee that was in Braidens terms "IN-JUR-ED" in my terms it was "dead", but I couldn't burst his bubble so I let him believe it was injured, hoping that he would forget about it and move on to something else. But that wasn't the case, Braiden being the Bee Expert (because he has watched The Bee Movie) decides that all this "IN-JUR-ED" bee needed was Honey. So he got a cup filled it with dirt (so the bee would have a bed), put the bee into it and asked me for honey. I poured some honey into the cup and then tried to explain that the bee probably wasn't going to live, but no sooner than me saying that Braiden takes the Bee and shoves it into the honey so it can "eat it and get big and strong and then it well take a nap". So right now I have a "well fed" sleeping bee sitting out on the patio getting strong.


Have a Great Weekend!

3 comments:

Mel said...

What a wonderful story about the bee. Kids are so great!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Mel

Stan and Jamie said...

oh, aren't kids too funny!

KELLY said...

Gemma,

I love reading your blog and seeing your pictures. BTW...totally hooked on "Bring the Rain." I just keep reading it over and over (and of coarse crying). I just can't get enough of it.

K