While we try to teach our children about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
.
I'M BAAAACK!!! Please stick with me as I try to get caught up on some overwhelmingly behind blogging!







Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We just got back from a family reunion for Jeremy's mom side of the family just outside Helena Montana. The trip started out by us leaving at 4:00 in the mourning on Friday and we came back on Sunday. There was a lot of driving that I can't say I want to do again, but we got to see a lot and hang out together so what more could you ask for, right!

We pulled into Helena at about 2:00 Mountain Time. We walked around downtown Helena and sight saw for awhile, then we went to camp. It was a little overwhelming to pull into a camp full of people that are related to Jeremy, because I didn't know he had this much (I have learned more about Jeremy's family in this last year than I had in 10 years). Jeremy's sister's and brother were all there . His sister Missy and 3 of her boys came, and Tammy's kids Jake and Josie, so all of the kids got to play together, which doesn't a happen a lot. They had a lot of activities for the kids which was nice, they got to play on the playground, they had Carrot Okie (Karaoke) which I am pretty sure that Tammy and I had the loudest kids there, I think they come by it vary naturally! The kids also got to make homemade Ice cream, swim in a beautiful but cold creek, and roast marshmallows. And for the adults we got a authentic chuck wagon dinner, it was some good food (Okay I didn't really care about the food it was good, but the cobbler was awesome, can you tell I LOVE desert)!

All in all we had a good weekend, we only had a few near death experiences, but surprisingly they weren't from the kids. One included Jamie and a tree and and the other came from me getting bucked of a teeter totter, but that was about it.

We packed up Sunday right after breakfast and slowly made our way home, and after 2 cups of coffee and 6 shots of espresso we made it. We stopped a few times along the way to take in the scenery and let the kids get out of the car for awhile, but we made it home at about 10:30 p.m. Braiden stayed awake the whole ride home right until we pulled off the Kittitas exit, silly kid.

The kids had a lot of fun, and it would be fun for the kids to do something like this again, but maybe just a little bit closer.

No comments: