While we try to teach our children about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
.
I'M BAAAACK!!! Please stick with me as I try to get caught up on some overwhelmingly behind blogging!







Monday, June 2, 2008

Bring the rain.

Have you ever read something and it stops you in you tracks.
Last week I stumbled onto this blog, I have no idea how I ended up here, except that My wonderful, faithful father led me.
I know this post might be strange for some of you to read, because I don't share my faith often, but please stay with me, because God is just too big not to share.
Let me start closer to the beginning, the last couple of weeks I have been vary disconnected to God. And with that disconnection I have tried to do things, fix things, or tried to make things better myself. Even though I liked the control I never felt like anything got accomplished. I think that the worst thing I have done is taken my children for granted. Sometimes when you get into the "grind" of things it is hard for you to see what is important. That is how I was, I have been close a few times to putting one or more of my kids up for sale on craigslist, and all I felt I could do was throw a pity-party for myself. And because I was in a time when I didn't want to turn to God, all that was accomplished is that I felt sorry for myself.
So, I "found" this blog, and it stopped me. God spoke through this mother in an indirect but clear way. Through reading her trials I felt myself not only wanting to hold tight to my kids but it also re-lite my heart for God. Not because this family was going through hardships, not because they were suffering but because through all of these things they still gave all the glory and praises to God.
I felt compelled to ask myself what would happen if something happened to one of my kids, would I be able to praise God or would I be angry with him. And the answer I kept coming up with, is that I would hope that I would run into his open arms and let him comfort me. Who else is bigger then God, nobody. Who else has felt great pain of loss, God. And without belief what else do you have?
This women was/is a great testimony, she through it all knew that her God/my God/ Your God can do anything and that we as Christians can take comfort in knowing that we will see our loved ones again in a greater place. I encourage you all to read this blog from the beginning and if you are anything like me you won't be able to leave your computer (I found myself staying up way to late many nights reading it) and please make sure you have a box of tissues handy. It is amazing how God works, he knew that I needed him and he led me to a place were he knew I would/could reconnect with him. Praise God!!!


The Blog is called Bring the Rain and the address is http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/2008/01/beginning-of-story.html

I hope that it touches you like it did me.
Much love,
Gemma

2 comments:

The Family of 4 said...

Gemma - Oh My, I heard about this blog a while back. WoW. What a challenging blog to read and know what you would do if you experienced anything like this. I have really tried to look at where I am at with God also. What a wonderful women she is.

Hope all is well with family. Enjoy reading your blog, congrats on getting a free book.

Carrie Clark

Dane and Stacey said...

Baby Girl:
You can feel disconnected at times to God, but God is never diconnected to us. He holds us in His loving hands and wants only the best for us if only we will turn our face to Him. I am so glad He led you to this blog to remind you of what an awesome God we serve and I too have thought often what we would do if we lost one of our precious loved ones, but He gives us strength to overcome and we know that these are "light and momentary afflictions" compared to the joy of our homecoming in heaven. Remind yourself often that although He is a loving God, He is also a jealous God who wants all of our heart not just a piece of it. Blessings upon your day, and know that I pray for you constantly. Love, me.