While we try to teach our children about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
.
I'M BAAAACK!!! Please stick with me as I try to get caught up on some overwhelmingly behind blogging!







Monday, April 28, 2008

Daddy's and Daughters...



Audrey has been fighting naps lately, she thinks that they are highly overrated. Because she doesn't want to nap during the day by night she becomes quite cranky and tired.
These pictures were taking Friday night at dinner. Jeremy has always had this "Touch" with all three of the kids, I think that they must just feel really safe in his arms/hands because no matter what, he can always get them to sleep or calm them down. This was such a precious moment to watch. Audrey was setting in her chair eating dinner and she started to rub her eyes so Jeremy reached over and cupped her face in his hand (now, if I would have attempted this she would have had nothing to do with it) and stroked her face. You could see her start to give in and close her little eyes and next thing you know she was sound asleep. Now, we couldn't just let her sleep in her chair, not only was she dirty from dinner but Jeremy couldn't keep his hand on her face like that all night, so we tried to get her out as quietly as possible. She stayed asleep while getting her out but as soon as I picked her up she woke up, I guess I should of had Jeremy do that. It all worked out though because when she woke up we could quickly do bath and get into p.j.'s. and then Jeremy rocked her back to sleep.
Daddy's and Daughters, it is just the sweetest thing!!!!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Absolutly precious! What a sweet little girl! :)

Stan and Jamie said...

Those are such sweet pictures!

The Cox Family said...

Hey!! Sooo cute! It's sad that we live in the same town and hardly ever see each other! Looks like you guys are doing good! Your kids are adorable!