While we try to teach our children about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
.
I'M BAAAACK!!! Please stick with me as I try to get caught up on some overwhelmingly behind blogging!







Monday, October 19, 2009

Fair Fun


Another fun fair this year. We where on the fence about if we were even going to do the fair and rodeo this year, but I am glad that we decided to go. The kids had so much fun and this year was great because Audrey was big enough to ride the rides for half the night (only half because after we were there for a few hours all of a sudden the controller said she was too small to ride anything but the mary go round and the slide, she was so mad). In addition to the rides we got to walk though the barns, where Audrey was in heaven with all the animals. We finally left at 11pm, we don't normally stay that long but we knew it as the only day we were going and wanted to make the most of the ride tickets.

Friday I took the kids to slack with my mom, which is nice because the kids get to watch some events but can also run around and not be confined to a small area like we would be if we attempted the real performance.

After we watched that for awhile my mom had to help out with the pee wee rodeo, so we went with every intention of just watching. MAN, I picked the wost time to forget my camera. Braiden entered into the Steer Wrestling and the Bull Riding. The pee wee rodeo all takes place on stick animals,and they are judged by their performance in that event. Braiden was amazing, he had everyone in the audience in stitches with his elaborate stories and personality. Braiden stole the show when he found a piece of straw and put it in his mouth and then went on to tell the audience that his bulls name was "speed limit from the high valley rodeo ranch for bucking bulls" (yeah he is shy, NOT, most of the other kids had names like fire)! He was quit entertaining, and he has amazing stick bucking bull ability's. Needless to say he won, and we have a trophy to prove it (he was vary proud).

We had a fun fair, but I forgot with the end of fair always come the craziness of fall and school.

1 comment:

Stan and Jamie said...

Fun times! I love the last picture...Audrey looks so excited and Jeremy looks a little bored haha!!