Braidens first day of Kindergarten, he was so excited to go to his "big" school
I had found some one to watch Trevor and Audrey so I could take Braiden and stay with him until he adjusted. Braiden and I had talked a lot about how if he gets sad we would do something to help him remember how much we loved him. We had read The Kissing Hand and so before school I put a little heart on his hand and on mine (like the book) so if he got sad or lonely because he didn't know anyone he could look at it and know that I was thinking about him. So, i had built it up that he would at least be a little sad when I left. NOPE!!!! Not my son, he walked into the class was told where his backpack went (which I will share about his backpack in the next post),and then proceed to tell me "bye mom, you can go"! Are you kidding me this was the moment I built up in my head "bye mom, you can go". To which I said "Braiden, the teacher said I could stay for half hour and I plan to do that".
Then as we went on with the time I was there the teacher read The Kissing Hand, and Braiden was so excited because he had the heart from the story on his hand. During the story he looked back at me and whispered "MOM, you can GO now". Oh, that kid! I love him and am so proud of him.



1 comment:
Gemma, that is such a sweet story. Glad he's adjusting good.
Post a Comment