.
Just an update about the little girl, for all that have heard and are concerned, or that I haven't gotten back to. She is doing Great!
For all that don't know Audrey had a few Seizures on Tuesday night and about scared her dad and I half to death (mainly me).
We always thought that Trevor was going to be the one with Medical issues, but Audrey has officially passed him.
She is not having the Grand Mal seizures were she has convulsions, she had what are called Absant or petite Mal seizures were she completely goes blank. Her eyes glaze over and her body goes lifeless and she stays this way for what seems like hours (I am sure it is only a few seconds). This has happened once before but she only had one, this time it happened twice within an hour. I called our doctor (can I say I LOVE Dr. Larson) in hysterics at 10:30 at night, which by the way Jer and I have now set up a plan for when something happens to the kids, because he stays calm and I "FREAK" out, so he is to call the doctor, NOT ME! Anyways, we called and he said we need to take her to the E.R. immediately to check pressures and a lot of other medical stuff. So there we were Tuesday evening/Wednesday mourning hanging out at the hospital having a cat scan and blood work done. What could be more fun, right?
Well, as I said she is great, she was a trooper for everything, she held still for the cat scan so they didn't have to drug her. She is being sent to Children's to a neurologist for an EEG (I think that is the abbreviation, there was a lot of test they did, so it all runs together after awhile). I will update as soon as we know more, but for right now as long as she is not having them all the time and she is not doing something like driving they won't hurt her, so we just have to get though them. Who knows, she may never have another one again, but now we know how to handle them at home, so maybe they might not be as scary.



4 comments:
I hadn't heard...you are all in our prayers. Keep me posted and let me know if I can help in any way.
Gemma, that sounds awful! And I am with you, I would be freaking out!! I am so glad that she is doing well now and we will keep you in our prayers!
Gemma and Jeremy...I'm so sorry your having to go through this, how scary! We will be praying, please let us know if we can do anything to help! And Audrey couldn't be any cuter - love the pics!
I hope you get everything worked out for Audrey. We send our love your way.
Post a Comment