While we try to teach our children about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
.
I'M BAAAACK!!! Please stick with me as I try to get caught up on some overwhelmingly behind blogging!







Monday, September 29, 2008

B is for Braiden

The proud mama that I am, I had to share this! Braiden is writing his name (kind of). When he started preschool this year he still wasn't able to, but his very smart teacher helped him in a way that I wish I would have thought of. She used Braidens love of trains, she should him how his name could be a train track, so the "B" was a track that went around the bend twice and then had a switch in the middle, as soon as she put it into a way that he got it, he loves to write it. A small note, after she taught him this he was for sure that because it was a train track all the letters had to hook together, so my 4 and1/2 year old was writing cursive, so cute. He now is practicing just the individual letters and I think he wrote his name beautifully.
Also, Braiden has got a new "best friend" named Lucy, she has been all I have heard about since school started. Well, Lucy LOVES to do her "work" and because Lucy does her work Braiden has to do his as well, the last two times I have dropped him off, he has skipped the playtime with the trains and gotten right to work with Lucy. I love that he picked such a studious "best friend". I don't know if Lucy knows that she is Braidens "best friend" or how she feels about him, but I love that he gets so excited to do his work.

No comments: