So I started running a few months ago, and surprisingly I really enjoy it. I don't ever get a certain time in the day that I am able to, I just have to work it in. Sometimes I can get my rear out of bed before the kiddos get up, sometimes I will work one in if I am not watching any kiddos that aren't mine during the day, and sometimes I will do it after they go to bed at night. Yesterday I found time around 2, during my kids quiet time.
Audrey, if she is awake she will come and sit at the front of the treadmill and play with the fan or the radio, which I don't love but at least I can see her and know that she isn't getting in trouble (which happens frequently in Audrey's case:).
She was doing her normal routine of turning the fan on and off, high and low, and up and down, so that I get the running outdoors effect, she is so helpful and you cant get that at the gym! When all of a sudden she turns and trows the small cat pictured above onto the treadmill, apparently "hitty"(Audrey's wording) needed to stretch his legs. At this point I was going faster and knew that I was going to step on it and probably fly off the back, so I decided it was a better option for me to try to HURDLE the cat (like the cat was 3ft tall), and for all of you who know me know I DID NOT EVER DO TRACK!!! I stayed in the water during my entire sporting years because it is safer for someone who has some spacial awareness issues. As I am trying to land after jumping over the cat, my foot almost came down on the end of the treadmill, which, would have ended in DISASTER!!! Thankfully my husband the wise man he is, made me face the treadmill away from the wall. I wanted it to point the opposite way, but he knows me too well and knew if and when I fell off I would have fallen into the wall, which ,would probably make us a lot of money on the internet but would be vary painful. Thanks Babe!!!
After this near death experience I have made the decision to run when Audrey isn't around, because it just isn't worth a broken leg!
But oh how I will miss the wind blowing threw my hair.... and legs, and arms, and the speed change like I was running threw pockets of wind.....it will be missed! Maybe I can talk Jeremy into handling the fan!



2 comments:
Sorry Gemma that this has nothing to do with your post but have a question. Scott is looking for someone to put some shingles back on our roof. Does your husband do that kind of thing? And do you know what he charges? If he is interested maybe he could call Scott or Scott could call him. Thanks!! Abby
oh Gemma!! you crack me up. My coworkers probably wonder what I am laughing about! Glad you are okay!!
Post a Comment