While we try to teach our children about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
.
I'M BAAAACK!!! Please stick with me as I try to get caught up on some overwhelmingly behind blogging!







Sunday, July 13, 2008

6 Years..........

So today is our 6th Wedding anniversary. Can you believe it, time flies I guess when your having fun!! I wanted to share this reading, my mom read it at our wedding and it means so much to us, that we have it framed on our shelf. I love the imagery of God crafting us into existence, and the different roles we as husband and wife are to have.
So here it is:

When God created the heavens and earth, He spoke them into being. When He created man, He formed him and breathed life into his nostrils. But woman He fashioned after He breathed the breath of life into man because her nostrils were too delicate. God allowed a deep sleep to come over man so He could patiently and perfectly fashion woman.
Man was put to sleep so that he could not interfere with the creativity. From one bone God fashioned woman. He chose the bone that protects man's life. He chose the rib which protects man's heart and lungs. Man's heart is the center of his being, his lungs hold the breath of life. Both support man, as woman is meant to do. Around this one bone God shaped woman. He modeled her and created her perfectly and beautifully. Her characteristics are as the rib - strong, yet delicate and fragile.
The rib cage will allow itself to be broken before it will allow damage to the heart. Gemma you need to support Jeremy as the rib cage supports the body. Woman was not taken from man's feet to be under him, nor taken from his head to be above him. Woman was taken from his side to stand beside him and be held close.
Of all that lives and breathes, woman is the most like God. Adam walked with God in the cool of the day, and yet was lonely. He could not see God or hear him. He could only feel God. So everything God wanted Adam to share and experience with Him, He fashioned in woman: His holiness, His strength, His purity, His love, His protection and support. Woman is an extension of God. Man represents God's image. Woman, His emotions. Together you represent the totality of God.
Gemma you are our beautiful little girl. You have grown into a splendid woman of excellence and our eyes fill with tears when we see the virtue of your heart .
So Jeremy treat Gemma well. Love and respect her. And Gemma support Jeremy. In humility, show him the power of emotions that God has given you. In gentle quietness, show your strength. In love show him that you are the rib that protects his inner self
You are both beautiful gifts from our loving Father and we are so happy that you have found one another

( I don't remember the author of this, but it is so beautiful, and I am so grateful my mom found it)

3 comments:

Abby said...

Congratulations! That is so sweet.

KELLY said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a sweet story your mom read...one that every married couple should reflect on.

It was great seeing you at church today and Braiden is such a sweet little boy. He was so concerned that everyone else was "okay." I also LOVED that he "needed" to sit right by me the entire time!

Let's get together soon. I can swing that backpack by anytime.

Kelly

Katie and Bob said...

Hi Gemma! I left this huge comment and then the internet failed....darn! I know who you and Jeremy are! I especially recognized you because of the wedding picture. Great picture by the way! Anyways, thanks for the comment and I too enjoyed your list, it was very sweet:) I miss the Burg and I am happy that your cute family is living there! Most of my family is there too, so I miss it....maybe someday we can go back! Keep in touch and thanks again!