Trevor has gone 2 days in underwear, I ran out of diapers Friday Night and I decided that if I didn't buy diapers than it would force me to push potty training. Well, no matter how bad I wanted to have Trev be potty trained it had to be HIS decision and only his decision, so I told him, now please do not judge because if you knew him at all you would understand, that he was a baby because only babies wear diapers. That got him, hook line and sinker, he looked right at me and said "TREVOR NO BABY" and ran and got underwear and has since only had 2 accidents. My biggest help has actually been Braiden he is smart and I wish that I could take credit for thinking of this, but Braiden gets candy whenever Trev does for going potty so I don't even have to remind Trev to go to the bathroom, his brother is right there encouraging him to go so they can get candy.
Our other big news is, Audrey has gone 2 days without a bottle. I know, she is way to old to still have a bottle, I agree. When Braiden was a baby I totally had preconceived notions of ages things needed to happen and he did everything on that schedule. He was broke of the bottle almost to the day of his first birthday, but I think that with each additional child you find that as long as they are happy and not screaming, your thoughts of what is "important" change dramatically. Anyways, she hid the bottle yesterday, which I finally found last night in her closet in a box of diapers, so I felt this was one more "sign" that since we were already doing something kind of hard with Trevor we should kill two birds with one stone and do the bottle thing also. It has been a hard transition for her, but I am hopeful that we are on the downhill slide.



2 comments:
Great news!! I love your new header- great picture. Hey I am right there with you- whatever works for the potty-training and Karis had a pacifier well after she turned 3- but she wasn't screaming! :)
Oh dear, lots of changes in your house. Good luck. McKinley can't wait to play with "Aud" next week:)
Post a Comment