While we try to teach our children about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
.
I'M BAAAACK!!! Please stick with me as I try to get caught up on some overwhelmingly behind blogging!







Friday, January 2, 2009

Braidens 5th Birthday..

Grandma Debbie made this cake isn't it cute!
The three 5 year olds
Can I have some?
Meet Gilbert the newest member of the family!
So our little boy is 5, my time flies when you are having fun!
Braiden turned 5 on Monday, we had a small party for family and a laid back day. I think that the excitement for the day was the surprise of FINALLY getting a Guinea Pig. Jeremy and I have debated this decision for about a year now and we finally decided to do it. We bought the guinea pig and Grandma Debbie bought all the accessories that goes with one.
This was one of those things that I was asking "what have I gotten myself into" at the pet store, it sounds doable until they start telling you everything and then it all started to become real. I was going to have a small fuzzy rat in my house, YIKES!!! And on top of that while we were in the process of buying the pig a lady said "you are getting a Guinea Pig! We had one but I got rid of it, it stunk to bad", thanks lady could you have said that before my son already picked one out and was so excited about it. Anyway, as you can tell the pig made it home. v
Another funny story, Gilbert was the name Braiden chose, I have no clue were it came from AND Gilbert is a girl. Please don't share the last bit of info with Braiden because he is sure it is a boy only because that is what I lead him to believe, I know how could I , but I was already having some commitment issues with a smelly small varmint and the sales lady said that the female are a little more cleanly. So there you have it a five year old and a guinea pig!
Oh, and as you can imagine he received lots of trains and train things as well. In fact my mom got him this box set of train videos I think it is like 40 hours of video, he is having a hard time of deciding what to spend his time doing!

No comments: